ITEC323 Web And Mobile Application Development
Why this assessment?
The purpose is to assess students’ fundamental skills in dynamic website development by applying appropriate technology
What are the types of employability skills that I will acquire upon completion of this assessment?
Developed critical and analytical thinking
Developed ability to solve complex problems
Developed ability to work effectively with others
Developed confidence to learn independently
Developed written communication skills
Developed spoken communication skills
Developed knowledge in the field study
Developed work-related knowledge and skills
Based on Assessment 1 and 2, students are required to further design and develop a responsive and mobile friendly website. Website should be responsive when accessed on different devices.
In this assessment you will demonstrate that you can develop a dynamic website by applying responsive design. You can choose either complete the assessment on your own or work in a group of 2 students.
1. You are required to further develop the Website from Assessment 2, by using JQuery Mobile as the framework.
2. You need to design layout for Mobile views.
3. The design should follow the Responsive Design context.
4. You should use Master Page to keep menu and Footer same for all pages.
5. You should use data-role (page) and content pages to create different pages.
6. Website should be responsive when accessed on different devices.
7. The Website should be responsive when accessed on different devices.
8. Finally, you are required to write a brief report with screenshots to introduce the operation of website. In the report you should explain the Responsive Design concept and how you are using JQuery Mobile to implement the responsive design. You also need to discuss any considerations or techniques used for the specific design issues and how similar mobile web applications can assist poor or vulnerable populations – this can be open ended where references are encouraged.
How do I submit?
Feed Forward Template (example): A template for students to use and act on feedback and provide recommendations for improvement.
How did you act on the feedback?
Feedback is an important component of learning. Please consider the feedback you received in your last assignment and provide a response on how you acted on, or intend to act upon, that feedback, and how it has informed the current assignment task.
Who can help me?
Academic Skills Unit (ASU)
Places – Lecturer Geng Sun
I’m having problems
Special Consideration: This form is used by students to apply for Special Consideration for assessable work in studies at Australian Catholic University. Approval of such applications will only be granted to students who are legitimately disadvantaged in their assessment due to exceptional and unforeseen circumstances beyond their control.
The full criteria are compiled in a rubric, which can be found on the following page.
Rubric for Assessment 3 –Mobile Website Development (40%