BISY2003 Object Oriented Programming
You are contacted by a Birthday Party Clubownerwho wants you to help withmaking a Website for an online Booking System that will help the Club in managing the bookings for the Birthday party. Currently, Club maintains a manual booking system that isincreasingly becoming difficult to manage for the staff. The current system is erroneous and time taking.
Currently, for Booking a party, customers call or come in person to the Club. TheClub admin helps them to choose the Party room based on various factors – Day, Time, Numberof hours, Number of people and availability. The staff will then suggest them if the booking is available and then customerwill need to pay a 10% deposit to confirm the booking. But currently, a lot of time isspent to find a suitable Party Room as well as to be sure that the room is available for the whole time as perthe customer request. The customer will pay the rest amount on the Booking day after the Party Room has been used. The customer is also liable to pay for any damages (if any) made to the room during theiroccas
The main objectives of this New Booking systemare
Book for a party – This system will help customers in making a booking for a Birthday Party Room. Every room has a different capacity and rates per hour. Party rooms need a bookingfor minimum two hours. The customer can decide to include food and beverages into the booking offer.
Online Payment - This system will give an option to the customer for online payment for their bookings. Allied Security Pty Ltd. Company will be contracted to provide and ensure the security of the online payment service. Once the payment is accepted a confirmation email is sent to the customer with a Booking Reference Number.
Better Knowledge - This system will provide the customer with all the details of the Party Room and the map ofthe roombefore the customerconfirmtheirbookings.Thiswill give anopportunity to thecustomerto prepare for the party and confirm before-hand and hence getting a venue according to theirrequirements.
Reduce Paperwork - As most of the things will be performed online, it will reduce the usage of paper for the Club.
Improves Efficiency - This system will make things easier for staff as the whole Booking system will go online and it will have maps and possible Virtual toursthat will allow customersto be sure of what they are booking. Also, booking System will check for the availability of the Party Room during the whole time required. This way the staff can spend more time attending to their customers who have current bookings with the Club.
Improved Customer Service - The customers making a booking over the new Online Booking System will need to Register themselves. The customers will need to provide various personal details like First name, Last name, Full Address, Email Address and Phone Number. The customers start earning loyalty points when they go forward with bookings
The new System will now work in the following way:
1. A Customer will need to login/register to make a newBooking.
2. The Customer will provide the date, time, and number of people they want to book a room for and decide about food and beverages for party.
3. The system will then pick up the available rooms as per the Customer’srequirement.
4. The Customer can browse with the choice provided by the system.
5. Then the Customer can choose the one that is interested and then proceed with payment. 6. After successful payment, the Customer will receive print or email the Booking confirmation for future reference
1. Create a Use Case with detail descriptions for the new Online Booking System.
2. Create a Domain Model for the online BookingSystem.
3. Create a Sequence Diagram for the use case Book for a Party Room of the Online BookingSystem.
4. Create a Class Diagram for Online Booking System.