BIS2001 IT Infrastructure and Networking
1.ABC Is an American institute of technology which has recently moved to Canberra .ABC has developed two mid-size campuses where both located in Canberra. The distance between the two campuses is 2 km. The first campus dimension is 1000 meters length and 600 meters width. The second campus dimension is 800 meters length and 300 meters width. The first campus has three blocks (buildings) for two colleges (Physics and Chemistry) in addition to a library .The second campus has three blocks for the administration office, IT and a library
It is understood that the ABC would like to stay in use of the latest networking technology. All users are required to be able to use wired and wireless devices
It understood as well that both campuses will be required to be connected using any desired high performance, less overhead and secure technology in addition to users will be able to use wireless technology indoor and outdoor within the dimensions of each campus.
ABC would like you to develop a Network proposal (report) which can address the mentioned requirements and concerns
1. Proposal description and requirements
2. Network design analysis a. Students are required to draw the campuses floor mapping which include buildings , pin on it where routers, switches , servers , links are located.
3. Hardware and software analysis a. Students are required to search for devices , links and provide a list of brands, models, technical specification and images for each. b. List of Software may be used . 4. Relate these devices to the OSI layers , which layer are located , highlight each device functions , each layer functions
5. The desired type of link(s) between campus .justify your choice.
2.ABC is a global IT company which mainly based in USA. Recently , the company has decided to move to the Australian market. ABC has decided to establish two main branches in two of the major Australian cities ( Sydney , Melbourne)
Sydney branch will have up to 300 employees.
Melbourne branch will have up to 600 employees.
Each branch has it is own server. It is understood that employees should able to communicate and access data from different servers within the three sites. You have been hired as an IT Administrator at the IT department and you have been asked to analyse, design and configure the new network as it shows in Figure 1.
• Use Network Address: 10.XX.0.0/20 For Melbourne
• Use Network Address: 172.XX.0.0/20 For Sydney
Where XX is the last 2 digits of your student ID
[For example, if the student ID is 201701234 then use : 10.34.0.0/20]
You can use the Lectures notes or VLSM to subnet the networks
Prepare a report to provide the details configuration for the network for ABC
Assume the IT department of the ABC company wants to adapted virtualization and Cloud computed for hosting some of the organization application servers however , managers are divided between using Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS. You are required to write a short ,but comprehensive, report to distinguish ( compare ) between Azure and AWS in terms of : 1. Services provided , functions , storages, VMs , Security 2. As an IT Administrator , recommend one provider ( Azure or AWS ) and Justify your choice .Explain why