BSBDIV501 Manage Diversity In The Workplace
Current projects that have been implemented as part of the national strategies for each of the following acts can be found on the relevant areas.
1.Review these current projects and analyse the key factors and campaigns which would be beneficial and could be adapted for managing a diverse workplace.
2.Which potential benefits for a workplace can you find in each of these projects?
• Age Discrimination Act
• Disability Discrimination Act
• Racial Discrimination Act
• Sex Discrimination Act
Choose 1 of the following options:
(a). Review your existing diversity policy in the workplace (if one exists) and compare what is included to what should be included. Identify what is potentially lacking and which of the aspects you have researched could be included
(b). Given consideration to the requirements you have identified in Question 1 and the positives you have analysed and identified in Question 2;
develop a diversity policy which sufficiently covers all aspects required to manage diversity in a contemporary, modern workplace which fosters effective communication and promotes harmony and an inclusive team
3.Develop a bullying/harassment policy that can be used in your workplace. The policy needs to include: (You may access and reference you state WHS legislation or Fairwork for specific requirements in your state and the following link provides a checklist: Bullying Policy Checklist for employers page - Comcare)
• The legal requirements set out by law
• Examples of what is defined as bullying and harassment and what is not
• A clear statement that will outline the processes and procedures to be followed in case of any incident including the stages of informal and formal procedures
• A statement regarding how you will implement this policy in the workplace and ensure that staff are trained and aware on an ongoing basis, as part of an integrated consultation process