ITC542 Internetworking with TCP and IP
Upon successful completion of this subject, students should:
• be able to explain the TCP/IP architecture and layers and compare with the OSI layers;
• be able to analyse IP addressing requirements and design an addressing scheme;
• be able to analyse the requirements of IP routing and choose appropriate routing methods;
• be able to demonstrate how internetworking devices obtain their network configuration;
• be able to explain how data flows through the internet;
• be able to ascertain and evaluate selection of applications and protocols for transferring data across the internet; and
• be able to discuss the evolution and ongoing change of the internet.
After installation, run the software and answer the following questions:
1. How do we capture packets in Wireshark?
2. How do we view packets in Wireshark?
3. How could one filter packets in Wireshark?
4. What are some situations where a dishonest person could misuse a protocol analyzer?