ITECH 3103 IT Strategy and Governance Assignment
The purpose of this assignment is to:
• To demonstrate understanding of a range of contemporary topics and related issues impacting the IT strategy and governance
• To learn and practise appropriate reflective skills related to IT strategy and governance.
• To display students' knowledge of assessable materials by using writing communication skills.
Mapping of Course Learning Outcomes to this Assignment K1-3, V1
•Demonstrate perspectives on organisational values.
•Describe ICT governance frameworks including the COBIT framework.
• Contrast the role of ICT governance in diverse settings including global corporate, government and not for profit sectors
• Appreciates the importance and benefits of IT governance and management techniques in today's business world
• Select one of the topics under the umbrella of IT strategy and governance/management and develop an annotated bibliography of literature review essay.
• The brief and relevant context of the topic and possible issue(s)
• Why the topic or issue is considered contemporary in the IT strategy and governance higher sector
• Describe and critically discuss what problems, challenges of the topic and its application are and how the problems would be solved and what solutions are
• Give an example of applications
• Your literature review should reference at least five current papers in this area and the papers were published not more than 5 years old. In addition to the five current papers, you may also use text books to back up your discussions