ITECH2305 Analysing the Modern Business
Learning Outcomes Assessed
The following course learning outcomes are assessed by completing this assessment:
1. Discuss a variety of contemporary tools and techniques used for business analysis and when these are appropriate to use
2. Identify and explain the core concepts of business analysis
3. Analyse, document and manage business requirements
4. Investigate and compare various business analysis methods, tools and techniques
5. Identify and apply appropriate means of communication for disseminating information between stakeholders
6. Determine a variety of possible solutions and make recommendations to address business needs
7. Develop, manage, and effectively communicate business requirements
8. Analyse and critique the implementation of a business solution
9.Prepare and justify a case for business change
Some examples of “opportunity” include:
1. How could the process of contract-tracing of active Coronavirus cases be made quicker/easier?
2. How could permits for essential workers be digitized whilst also preventing fraudulent attempts to make permits?
3. How could the mechanism of home-schooling of primary and secondary school students be made effective and also be easier for staff to handle the system and monitor their student’s progress?
4. How might the child-care sector be able to coordinate between different independent child-care centres for matching children who need to be cared-for, with centres that would then have sufficient quantity of students to enable that centre to run profitably rather than at a loss, whilst others go into hibernation due to insufficient number of attendees?
5. How can health and other data be communicated securely between cruise-ships, airlines, and government departments using digital technologies, rather than relying on paper-based systems prone to human error?
6. How can fire-fighters and other emergency services improve the coordination of their efforts across large-scale bushfire incidents?
7.How can the evacuation and related processes of accounting