ITECH 3103 IT Strategy and Governance Assessment
The purpose of this assignment is to:
• To demonstrate understanding of a range of contemporary topics and related issues impacting the IT strategy and governance
• To learn and practise appropriate reflective skills related to IT strategy and governance.
• To display students' knowledge of assessable materials by using writing communication skills.
Mapping of Course Learning Outcomes
1. Demonstrate perspectives on organisational values.
2. Describe ICT governance frameworks including the COBIT framework.
3. Contrast the role of ICT governance in diverse settings including global corporate, government and not for profit sectors
4. Appreciates the importance and benefits of IT governance and management techniques in today's business world
Students are required to select one topic of under the umbrella of IT strategy and governance/management and create an essay that analyses critically the following elements from the perspective of IT strategy and governance in general (all of which must be supported by literary evidence):
• Select one of the topics under the umbrella of IT strategy and governance/management and develop an annotated bibliography of literature review essay.
• The brief and relevant context of the topic and possible issue(s)
• Why the topic or issue is considered contemporary in the IT strategy and governance higher sector
• Describe and critically discuss what problems, challenges of the topic and its application are and how the problems would be solved and what solutions are