MBA404 Consumer Behaviour and Marketing Psychology
Individually, you are required to submit a 100-word validation step and prepare a 1200-word written analysis, in which you must critically analyse your recent purchase of a product or service based on the 5-step Consumer Decision-Making Process. Please note that you will need to use the same product or service In the second and third assesments in this subject as all assignments in this course are interrelated.
In this individual assessrrient, students will be given an opportunity to demonstrate their understanding and ability to explain consumer behaviour determinants by analysing the role of perception, attitude, and motivation in consumer behaviour.
To help you start all three assessments in this subject on the right back, over the first three weeks of the trimester, your workshop facilitator will engage you and the rest of the class in preliminary discussions about the product or service you would like to choose. Please pay specific attention to your workshop facilitator instructions regarding products/services that are not permissible.
By the end of week 3, you are required to submit a validation step via MyKBS, under the ‘assessments tab' > 'Product/Service Validation’ icon. In preparing this step, you must explain which product or service you will focus on in all three assessments, when and whera you bought this product or service, and what ’need' and ‘want' did your chosen product or service fulfilled. You will also need to take a selfie of yourself and your selected product or a selfie of you experiencing the chosen service and upload it in the validation step.
The validation step is worth 5% of your grade in this subject, with 0% awarded for a rejected choice, 2.5% awarded for a partially approved choice, and 5% for an approved choice in full. please not that you will not be able to submit any other assessment in this subject until your workshop facilitator has approved your choice, so be wise and don't be late.
Once your workshop facilitator has validated your product or service choice, you are required to prepare a 1200-word written analysis by providing the reader with an in-depth analysis of how you have moved through each of the consumer decision-making steps.
In preparing your written analysis, you will also need to identify any possible issues that may have occurred during this process. Please use 'Workshop 2 Student Handout’ as a starting point for your analysis.
More specifically, you must:
1. Analyse the need and want that led you to purchase the chosen product or service.
2. Examine the internal and external sources of information you used to purchase the chosen product or Please include screenshots of external sources of information to support your analysis and indicate your awareness set at the end of this section.
3. Evaluate alternatives and narrow down the chosen product or service attributes that satisfy your need and want. Please provide a detailed evoked set diagram to present your findings.
4. Analyse available purchase methods to determine how these methods impacted your decision-making process.
5. Analyse your post-purchase behaviour by identifying the chosen product or service features that reduce your cognitive dissonance. please note that in this step, the topic of customer satisfaction should not be considered.
The findings presented in the written analysis must be based on primary reseamh and should be reinférced by examining relevant secondary data. You must also inoorporata theories and concept related to consumer behaviour discussed in weeks 1, 2, 3 and 4.
You are required to use at least 5 sources of Information and reference these In accordance with the Kaplan Harvard Refrencing style. These may include websites, social media sites, industry reports, census data, journal articles, and newspaper articles. These references should be presented as in-text citations and a reference list at the end of your written analysis (not included in the word limit). Wikipedia and other'popular’ sites ara not to be used.
Tha written analysis is worth 25% of your final grade for this assessment, and it Will serve as the basis for the seoond and third assessments in this subject.