MBA611 International Strategy
You are required to record a video in which you are to analyse the Treasury Wines Estates based on the below assessment instructions.
This assessment aims to develop students’ skills to critically analyse the process of entry and operations in the international market and create and evaluate corporate strategies for the business through the lenses of globalisation and ethical decision making.
Presume that the Treasury Wines Estates have contracted you as an international business consultant. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the company recently had to reconsider its global portfolio and asked you to conduct an international risk assessment.
Based on the TWE 2020 Fact Book, pick one of the company’s regions and identify risks associated with exporting wine into that region.
Once you have identified those, you will need to prepare presentation slides that you will use when recording the webinar.
Your webinar must address the owners of the company and cover the following:
1. Outline of the risks specific to the chosen region that the Treasury Wines Estates must consider.
2. Explain the risks’ levels, i.e., using high, medium or low-risk ratings by justifying why you have assigned such a rating to these risks.
3. Provide an analysis of the current external factors in Australia and the chosen region and its impact on the Treasury Wine Estates’s business with special consideration given to the COVID19 pandemic and its relationship with other environmental factors such as changes in government policies, political agendas and actions, national and global economic condition, technological drift, i.e., PESTEL factors.
4. Recommend mitigation methods for each of the risks by supporting your recommendations with credible sources of information.
5. Provide a concluding statement on the feasibility of any future export decisions based on the balance between the risks and the rewards or any other alternatives.