NSG3NCI Chronic Illness Management Plan
In order to meet the assessment criteria, in your presentation you are required to:
1. Outline your two selected telehealth models of care (10% of a mark).
2. Compare and contrast the two different telehealth models of care, which would be most appropriate to the chronic illness you have chosen identified above.
You need to search the literature for any evidence that supports the use of these telehealth models of care for your chosen illness using a multidisciplinary approach and base your presentation on these.
3. Provide an overview of the issues faced by your selected priority population in relation to telehealth models of care for your chosen chronic illness. Remember the aim of this assessment is to focus on the evidence-based, evaluated telehealth models of care, not disease specific treatments.
4. Choose the most appropriate telehealth model of care for your priority population which would improve accessibility to chronic illness management (for either diabetes, mental health illness or cancer care) for your chosen priority population.
5. Outline why your telehealth model of care is important in relation to chronic illness management of your chosen chronic illness and population, by drawing from your research sources and their arguments
a. Identify how your telehealth model of care affects patients’ empowerment and patients’ engagement in their own health relevant to your population
b. Discuss the multidisciplinary approach into the telehealth model
c. Describe how would you evaluate the patient and family’s response to this telehealth model of care