Implementation Policy: How will this workforce plan be implemented?
1. Review current data on staff turnover and demographics.
2. Assess factors that may affect workforce supply.
3. Establish the organisation’s requirements for a skilled and diverse workforce.
4. What objectives should you use to modify or to retain the workforce? Why choose these objectives?
5. There has been a recent level of high turnover. Develop a tool that can be used to assist in identifying the cause of the turnover. Make a recommendation on how to minimise the possible reason for the turnover and how you can minimise it.
6. Define how you would reach your objectives to retain required skilled labour.
7. What is diversity? Why should it be implemented into your workplace? What diversity legislation should you be aware of? Complete a sample diversity plan with your answer in consideration.
8. Define strategies to source skilled labour in your chosen field.
9. Who are the stakeholders and how should objectives be communicated to them?
10. How will you obtain agreement for objectives and established targets? Draw a flow chart suggesting the organisational process.
11. What contingency plans should we make? Why?
12. Using a flow chart, design a procedure to action objectives for training, re-deployment and redundancy.
13. Draw up a plan in which management can assist staff cope with change. Your organisation’s owner believes that there will be a lot of growth. Draw up the plan outline to reflect that growth.
14. Develop a strategy to help assist in meeting the workforce diversity goals of the organisation.
15. Draw up a basic succession planning procedure using previous research as a way to planning the succession.
16. What program/s would you recommend the employer of choice to offer based on the current profession your organisation is working in?
17. Review exit interview and refine for future workforce demand changes.
18. What may be areas of possible difficulty in your profession? Outline strategies in how to overcome these problems from the external market.
19.What effects will labour trends have on demand for labour in your industry? How would you refine your procedures to take into account these changes? Why?
20. What is the organisation’s organisational climate and how can you gauge employer satisfaction. Design an example of the tool you recommend.
21. Recommend changes in light of the global trends or incidents that will have or do have an impact on Australia.
22. Are there any policies that you should consider? Why? What impact will they have?
23. Draw up at least one tool that is a measure of the effectiveness of change processes against agreed objectives. What is the purpose of using environmental scanning in the development of your plan? What skills should in include in the gap analysis?