Regarding structure, I suggest a simple one: Introduction (give precise thesis in this section); Case study/studies; Analysis of the broader context &conclusion
So, for this paper, you will select a specific case (an issue, event, or activity) that is in some meaningful way connected to globalization. Your goal will be twofold:
(1) write a thorough description of your case, explaining the key dynamics, giving a historical background, and illustrating the globalization link.
(2) formulate a thesis or main argument about the broader topic and globalization
You can select any aspect of globalization – economic, political, cultural, environmental, technological, etc. Some things to consider at the broader level of ‘what does this say about globalization?’ might include:
The following are suggested topics for the paper. You may choose one of these or make your own, as you prefer. Clearly, these are just general topics and need further development.
- The ‘global supermarket’ (the global economy of food)
- Rights of migrants/refugees (could be a specific case of migration)
- Successful aspects of global governance – IATA, UPU, WMO, etc.
- Various aspects of global governance, including: environment (IPCC, Paris Agreement/COP, Kyoto, etc.) – human trafficking/sex tourism/illegal workers – UN system (reform?) – WTO, TRIPS, etc. – fair trade – global commodity chains
- Export Processing Zones (EPZs)