SPS201 Alcohol And Other Drugs
Assessment 2: Individual Critically Reflective Journal for Weeks 1-10 (25%)
Word Count: 1500 words
• Submission of a consolidated written journal of six (6) weekly reflective entries to demonstrate your understanding of the class sessions and participation in the group activities from Weeks 1-10
• Your combined journal entries must reflect the following:
a. Your AOD knowledge
b. The role of interagency case management in AOD practice
c. Evidence-based practice/models in working with clients with AOD issues
You are encouraged to start writing your weekly reflections from Week 1 to capture ongoing and recent learning and insight.
Use APA 7 referencing. Your written journal should include at least 8 (scholarly) journal articles read, in addition to any textbook references. Your assessment should not be copied from the Powerpoint presentations provided by the lecturer/tutor. The format of your journal will be discussed in greater detail during tutorials.
Do not utilise sources such as web materials as these in no way constitute academic references for the purpose of your assignments. If you rely on such sources for theoretical support, you will be deemed not to have met the requirements of the assessment.
Case-management aims to:
1. Enhance the continuity of care for clients.
2. Provide access to a range of services that are comprehensive, coordinated and ongoing.
3. Assist accessibility for clients by overcoming administrative barriers.
4. Enhance accountability as the case manager is responsible for ensuring the process is an effective one.
5. Enhance efficiency and effectiveness as clients will receive timely delivery of appropriate services.
Case management and AOD
1. Clients with AOD disorders, often have multiple physical, social and mental health needs.
2. They may also have difficulty accessing community services, include substance use treatments.
3. One strategy for linking clients experiencing AOD issues to relevant services is Case Management.
4. This is where a single case manager is responsible for linking clients to the services they require.