MGT723 Research Project
This assessment builds on your theoretical knowledge and aims to put that theoretical learning into application. You are required to critically review one journal article and record your presentation and upload it to Moodle. If the file is too large, you may email it to your lecturer. You will be provided with 3 journal articles – choose ONLY ONE for this assessment.
The oral presentation should answer the following eight questions in relation to the research study/journal article your group has been given:
1. What is the topic of the research study?
2. What is the study aim, question, or questions?
3. What is the method or methods used?
4. What are the findings of the research study?
5. Are the chosen method or methods appropriate to the aim and question?
6. Are the findings convincing?
7. What are the identified ethical considerations, and are there gaps?
8. In what ways might this study be helpful to practitioners in the field? Use APA 7 referencing where applicable. The format of your slides will be discussed in greater detail during tutorials. Guide to writing a presentation: 1. Remember to only have a maximum of 4 dot points per slide
a. Don’t write all of your information on the slide – just the main information and keep the rest in your notes so that you can ‘speak’ to the presentation b. Don’t just read every word from the presentation as this is very boring for the audience and you will lose marks 2. Use pictures, graphs and tables to help make your presentation more visually interesting – but only use them if they are relevant and make sure that you label them correctly. If you use a table or graph etc, make sure you explain what it means when you are doing your presentation 3. You must provide references throughout your presentation (the same as if you are writing an essay or report) 4. You must have a reference list at the end of your presentation