You are required to answer the questions outlined below. All questions must be answered satisfactorily, as partial responses will be deemed unsatisfactory.The answers will be used in conjunction with other forms of evidence in the final assessment decision. If you do not wish to answer the questions in written format, an interview may be used as an alternative approach if negotiated with your Trainer Assessor.
- The questions response section
- Learner Guide and/or internet access
- Moodle Learning Platform
Q:1 What must you do prior to developing an operational plan?
Q:2 What would you need to consider when analysing resource requirements for your operational plan? (Consider more than the budget)
Q:3 In what areas of planning should you involve others in the planning process? (Consider WHO you would involve and in WHAT parts of your plan)
Q:4 What should you include in your plan to help measure organisational performance? (Be specific as to HOW you measure performance)
Q:5 How can you minimise the impact of unforeseen circumstances? (WHAT strategy would you use, HOW will it minimize impact)
Q:6 What must you ensure when developing and presenting proposals for resource requirements? (Please explain in detail)
Q:7 What method can help ensure team members understand and incorporate the requirements of operational plans?
Q:8 What factors must you consider when acquiring human resources?
Q:9 Explain what strategy you can implement to ensure that physical resources and services are acquired in accordance with organisational policies, procedures and practices?
Q:10 Why is it important for managers to review the operational plan, performance systems and processes?
Q:11 You want to review your establishment's profit and productivity performance. What information sources could you refer to? What will they tell you?
Q:12 Use an industry example to explain what an unfavorable indicator of performance is:
Q:13 What can you do to support individuals and teams to effectively, economically and safely use resources?
Q:14 You have identified a deviation in your operational plan. What actions will you take? Please explain each step in detail.
Q:15 What system can you implement to ensure that procedures and records associated with documenting performance are managed appropriately?
Develop an operational plan (Group)
- After reading pages 1-35 of the learner guide, prepare an operational plan.
- Download a copy of the Operational Plan from Moodle in the Assessments folder, save it to your USB to work on and label it with your business name and names of students contributing to the document, for example: Aussie Fitness Case Study
- You may complete assessment (AT2) this with a partner or work independently approved with your trainer.
Scenario: You (and your partner) decide you are going to open your own health and fitness business.
You plan to open this new venue before the next busy summer season begins. You have $250,000.00 budgeted, which is partially your savings and a loan from the bank. This is your dream opportunity and you will need to use your Operational Plan to detail all of your planning, processes and activities you are going to complete to achieve this target.
The Operational Plan should include the following Headings And Detailed Discussion:
- Introduction of venue and purpose of the Operational Plan (vision/mission)
- A picture collage of ideas – design, decorations & logo
- Physical resources – explain in detail what you will need / use
- Human resources – explain in detail what staff you will need / use
- PT Exercise – Professional services
- Action Plan - in order of stages timelines and completion dates
- Budgeting estimates for funding all activities
- PEST and SWOT analysis of your event
- Identify 5 potential problems with contingencies to solve them
- How performance will be measured
- References – the source of all images and details must be referenced