BSBWOR301 Organise Personal Work Priorities and Development
John has realised that things need to change at work, but he is unsure what to do. He has been thinking about asking his boss for some advice because he constantly feels like he is chasing his tail and not getting things done that he needs to.
1.What are the key issues for John in terms of his time management practices?
2.What could John do to be more effective with his time?
Consider the following:
1. How could John better assess and prioritise his workload to ensure that tasks are completed within identified timeframes?
2. How could John better plan and organise work commitments to ensure that deadlines and objectives are met?
3. What systems and tools could John be using to better manage the store?
4. How could John communicate with his manager to ensure that work goals and objectives are understood and agreed in accordance with organisational requirements?
5. How could john ensure that feedback on performance is actively sought and evaluated from colleagues and clients in the context of individual and group requirements?
6. How could john ensure that feedback on performance is actively provided to staff in the context of individual and group requirements?
7. How could John identify sources of stress and access appropriate supports and resolution strategies?
8. How could John identify personal learning and professional development needs and skill gaps using self-assessment and advice from colleagues and clients in relation to role and organisational requirements?