CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services Training
1.Identify three (3) social institutions e.g. education, legal, health, family which are relevant to this case. Briefly explain the societal function of each institution.
2. Choose two of those social institutions and describe the impact of each on Marcel’s life and his current situation.
3. Identify at least two cultural factors which can lead to inequality for Marcel’s social status, roles and relationships. Support your answer with reference to at least one (1) reliable source of information and/or statistics relevant to Marcel’s issues.
4. What service needs does Marcel have? Identify at least two of those needs that could be addressed by a community service agency. Support your answer with evidence from the scenario.
5. List 4 impacts that Marcels’ long-term unemployment is having on his current circumstances?
6. Choose two (2) of Marcel’s service needs. Collect information about at least one (1) service, program or agency to address each of these needs. Describe how they could assist Marcel. Include references to your sources of information.
7. Name one major Australian political party and list their interventions in the area of homeless youth.
8. Identify at least two (2) factors which contribute to inequality and explain how each has affected Su Lin’s situation at various times of her life.
9. How might age contribute to inequality in our society, and how has it affected Su Lin’s present situation?
10. Identify at least two (2) of Su Lin’s issues and needs regarding her health and wellbeing. Suggest a service or program to meet each identified need. Explain why you have chosen those particular services.
11. Imagine you are a worker in a local community and family centre. Your role is to identify needs, refer to appropriate services, monitor and review progress.
What information would you need to collect to develop a service plan for Su Lin and her parents? Use this information to help you identify at least two relevant services or programs in your area to support Su Lin and to develop a brief support plan.
12. Outline a brief plan for monitoring progress and evaluating outcomes to ensure services will meet Su Lin’s needs. Include an example of circumstances that require the plan to be revised.